Visit our Colorado State Extension office for more news, tools and resources.

Close Icon
The Gunnison County Extension office provides assistance and programs for citizens in five main areas: Agriculture, Horticulture, Family and Consumer Science, Natural Resources and 4-H Youth Programs.

Get Started   arrow

Web of hands

There’s something for everyone in
Gunnison County 4-H!

4-H began a century ago as an educational program for the nation’s rural youth. Today, 4-H meets the needs of and engages young people of all backgrounds in positive youth development experiences.  In looking to the next century, 4-H will continue to further develop its programs in support of its motto of “Making the Best Better.”

No matter what you’re interested in, you will have the chance to build knowledge, skills, leadership abilities and confidence as a Gunnison County 4-H member. 4-H is open to youth ages 5-18 (as of December 31 of the current year). 4-H enrollment is open year round, but members need to designate a project by March 1, so enrolling early in the winter is preferred.

Joining 4-H is a simple, 3-step process:

  1. Pick a club.  Club List 2020-2021
  2. Select at least one project.  Gunnison County Project List
  3. Enroll online beginning Nov. 1, 2020. The new English version of 4HOnline is now available! (The Spanish version will be available in January.) If you need step-by-step directions, check out this Tip Sheet for Enrollment.

If you have any questions or would like more information, contact the CSU Extension Office at (970)641-1260, or stop by our office at the Fred Field Western Heritage Center (275 South Spruce St.) in Gunnison.

Did you know that Colorado 4-H has an International Exchange program?